We’re all used to the full in-box – meeting reminders, an inquiry from a co-worker, a spam request to send $10,000 to your stranded friend halfway around the world. Our time is valuable. We typically have an 8-hour workday filled with conference calls, deadlines, and staff meetings. And the ever-present dinging of the in-box.
Returning or sending a message may feel mechanical and hurried. But remember that, just like clothing or body language, your email also leaves an impression. What do you want it to say about you?
Whether contacting a client, a board member, a friendly colleague, or your boss, be mindful in your delivery. Before hitting “send,” ask yourself: Is this how I would speak to this person if they were standing right in front of me?
- Be Direct: The bottom line is that people don’t thoroughly read their emails. Instead, they often scan through your email, quickly moving to their next message. Avoid redundancy. If you can say it with three words, then why use nine? Use a bulleted list to highlights points and deadlines. This will keep your information from getting lost within the text.
- No Shouting: There is never a good time to use all caps. Whether you intend to or not, the email will read as a yell.
- Keep out the Cute: Avoid pasting large images in your signature lines. Sweet pictures of a kitten, a seasonal landscape, or memes with inspirational quotes are not work appropriate. As a matter of fact, they can cause your email to get caught in a junk or spam filter.
- Establish Trust: Use your message to show respect to your recipient, as well as yourself. Be aware of your spelling and grammar as it speaks volumes of your skill. Easy ways to show (and earn) respect include: “I appreciate …,” “your feedback is valuable,” “this has been really helpful” –or the most obvious—“thank you.”
- A Strong Handshake: Think of your signature as a business card that you’re leaving behind. Avoid colored fonts or a too-fancy script. Set up a signature template to automatically include your full name, title, organization (hyperlinked to the site), phone information, and email.
About eContent Pro
To ensure your writing is grammatically flawless, let eContent Pro (eCPro) help you.
At eCPro, we take pride in providing top-notch editorial services that are tailored to meet the needs of our clients. With over 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, we have earned a reputation for delivering high-quality work that is error-free and polished to perfection at the quickest turnaround time.
When you choose eCPro for your copy editing and academic proofreading needs, you can rest assured that you are working with a team of experts who are passionate about what they do. Our native English-speaking copy editors and certified proofreaders are highly experienced and specialize in over 10 research areas, ensuring that your document is in good hands.
In addition, we use Microsoft Word's Track Changes feature to perform edits, allowing you to easily review and manage the changes made to your document. We also follow various style guides, including APA 7th edition, MLA, APA, Chicago Style, and more, to ensure that your document adheres to the standards set by your academic institution or publisher.
At eCPro, we are committed to providing excellent service at a competitive price. Our English Language Copy Editing and Proofreading service costs just US $0.06 per word, with a turnaround time of 2-3 business days at no extra cost. Your total cost of copy editing will also benefit from our current 10% academic discount.
Through our analysis, we have seen a much higher acceptance rate and quicker submission processes with manuscripts that have received our English Language Copy Editing and Proofreading and Scientific & Scholarly Editing services. If you use one of our bundled services, you will receive an additional 10% discount that can be combined with our current 10% academic discount for a total discount of 20%!
So why wait? Contact us today to learn more about our editorial services and how we can help you achieve your publishing goals. With our team of experts by your side, you can be confident that your document will be polished to perfection and ready to stand out in the competitive publishing landscape.Upload Your Document Now