November is recognized in the academic world as Academic Writing Month, or AcWriMo. The month caters to all sorts of academic writers, whether undergraduate students or distinguished academicians and scholars. This month is dedicated to helping academicians get any writing that needs to be done before the end of the year done. This makes November the perfect chance to get the writing done and focus on any work that needs to be done before the year ends (García, 2021).
AcWriMo was inspired by National Novel Writing Month, which is a month where writers attempt to write a 50,000-word manuscript by the end of the month. The first AcWriMo was recognized in 2011 with the goal of helping scholars feel less isolated while completing their work. Setting a goal and deadline for a project helps motivate a person to complete that work. Knowing that others are on the same boat helps scholars feel more enthusiastic about completing their project (Behrendt, 2020).
These are some ways you can be successful this AcWriMo:
1. Set a goal before the month’s start, whether it is a word count or section completion, and stick to completing that task by the month’s end. Avoid switching your goals often during your month, as that will only disrupt your progress.
2. Share your success during AcWriMo with fellow scholars participating in the month’s challenge. The point of the month is to be motivated by understanding the interconnectedness of the research world, so by sharing your successes on social media, you will help others feel less isolated and more enthusiastic about the month.
3. Prepare yourself for the month by setting a specific time for completing your work throughout the month. By knowing how much time each task will take you and setting that time aside, you ensure that you will be successful this AcWriMo.
4. Keep the goals you have set in mind throughout the month. It is important to remember what this month resembles and why it specifically occurs in November. This is the prime time to complete any work before year’s end.
5. Remember to share your successes and shortcomings at the end of the month to share your experiences with others and build a sense of community in the academic world (Behrendt, 2020).
As publishing is an important pillar of building a standout research profile, it is paramount to make use of available author services, many of which are available on the eContent Pro website. Services such as English Language Copyediting, Scientific and Scholarly Copyediting, Journal Selection, and many other related services will greatly improve your chances of getting your manuscript accepted into a journal. You will find eContent Pro’s author services to be top quality, turned around exceptionally quickly, and affordably priced. Here are what our satisfied customers are saying about eContent Pro Author Services: